Sr. Software Engineer - ITSM/Canadian Public Sector
Posted 9 days ago
Senior Software Engineer (ITSM)
NewRocket, a Global Elite ServiceNow Partner, advises and supports clients in designing, implementing, and managing digital workflows to improve employee and customer experiences. Awarded “2023 ServiceNow Creator Workflow Partner of the Year”, The Most Promising ServiceNow Solution Provider 2022 and recognized as ServiceNow's Americas Partner Award Winner 2021, Global Partner Award Winner 2021, and one of Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies. NewRocket is one of only three companies globally that is certified across the entire NOW platform, enabling clients to realize all of the benefits with none of the technical debt.
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, bridging the gap between what customers expect and what their technology can deliver. We are “Raising the Bar” in delivering technology’s promise to create new kinds of experiences for our customers.
We are #GoingBeyond Come join our crew!
NewRocket is a global team made up of ServiceNow professionals who help our customers run and grow their ServiceNow environments. We are hiring for ServiceNow Software Engineer with ITSM. We will provide support and guidance to get you up to speed on some of the most amazing projects! We provide official ServiceNow training so you can achieve multiple certifications. We will set expectations for what success looks like. Then we will allow you use your skills and experience to come up with innovative solutions to achieve customer goals.
We are #GoingBeyond Come join our crew!
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Sr. ServiceNow Software Engineer you will be leading and mentoring a team of Software Engineers, working together to provide application development, including coding, debugging, unit testing, and ServiceNow ITSM solutions delivery.
- Interface with end-users, IT teams and key stakeholders to gather systems requirements for ITSM solutions.
- You will customize ServiceNow applications and facilitate rollout of new applications, modules, configure Application UI, Workflow, work orders, transfer orders, inventory, and technician locations
- Configuring integrations between ServiceNow via REST/SOAP web and other applications
- Strong experience with ITSM processes and can guide customers through understanding technical solutions to their business requirements
- Interact with technical SMEs to get necessary environment information to support your service map and event work
- Reflect impact assessment rules within service maps and validate with technical SMEs and stakeholders
- Participate in user acceptance testing of the resulting maps, impact rules and event management work
- Promote your update sets and data across applicable SN environments
- Remediate any production incidents that arise related to this scope
- Align with existing SN technical lead for map/event work to ensure consistent approach that does not break shared patterns
- Proactively maintain operational documentation and SOPs to reduce support risk & inefficiency
What You Bring Along
- 5+ years of application development and extensive development experience with ITSM, and ITOM, CSM would be nice as well as integrations and Service Portal
- Strong knowledge of software engineering principles for cloud-based platforms
- Strong understanding of the ServiceNow functionalities and features
- Comprehension of, and the ability to communicate and implement ITSM
- Solid knowledge of glide record usage, XML and structural programming concepts
- Experience customizing ServiceNow UI Pages, UI Macros & CMS using CSS, HTML, Jelly
- Service-oriented and distributed application architecture in the enterprise (web services, data access and persistence, client/server, etc.)
- Experience working on Emails & Notifications, Event Management, CSM, Service portal, CMDB, Inbound Actions, Scheduled Jobs. Experience with Service Portal and portal
- Strong leadership capabilities with ability to assess and mitigate project risks
- Effective facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills with ability to motivate a team
- Strong problem-solving skills: ability to simplify complex situations
- Ability to deliver high degree of customer satisfaction
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change
We Take Care of Our People ****
NewRocket is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We value and celebrate diversity, believing that every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer, committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, military, or Veteran status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.