CONTRACTOR Senior Software Engineer - Service Portal (US)
Posted 2 days ago
This position is for a Temporary/Contractor
NewRocket, a global, full-service Elite ServiceNow partner, helps top enterprise leaders solve their toughest business problems and navigate change with confidence. The go-to ServiceNow guide, NewRocket was recently awarded the “2023 ServiceNow Worldwide Customer Workflow Partner of the Year” and “2023 ServiceNow Creator Workflow Partner of the Year”. ****
We work with some of the world’s biggest brands, bridging the gap between what customers expect and what their technology can deliver. We #GoBeyondWorkflows to create new kinds of experiences for our customers. Come join our Crew!
NewRocket is seeking Contractor ServiceNow Service Portal Developer to work with a talented group of developers, building out the next generation of user experiences on the ServiceNow platform. This team is responsible for the innovation, features, and architecture of the ServiceNow products that are used by many Top 100 and Fortune 500 companies!
You are an experienced Contractor Service Portal engineer who is excited about building great user experiences, with new front-end technologies, and ready to #RaiseTheBar on what is achievable. You will implement dynamic and responsive Service Portal solutions and end user interfaces on the ServiceNow platform. If you are curious, look for challenges and opportunities and have the desire to bring new ideas to our customer solutions – then this position is for you! You will have the opportunity to refine the standard for Service Portal implementations and evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome user experiences for our customers.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in design review and client requirements sessions.
- Collaborate with engagement managers and other developers to understand, estimate, prioritize and implement requests for development and maintenance.
- Code, debug, document, deploy and maintain our products and software a highly efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain and modify existing applications.
- Work with the design and development teams to modify the Service Portal interface.
- Build and/or use multiple components.
- Participate in problem analysis and system design as requested.
- Gather customer requirements and specify functionality.
- Participate in the cost and time estimation process of projects.
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality.
- Deliver an outstanding experience for our customers.
What You Bring Along
- Solid understanding of building performant and scalable user interfaces with large scale data, an obsession with design aesthetics, and engineering excellence.
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Portal (HTML, CSS, AngularJS, SASS, Bootstrap)
- ServiceNow Application Development (Scoped Applications)
- 3rd Party Integrations Development (REST, SOAP, MID Servers, etc)
- 3+ years of experience as ServiceNow Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Educational experience in Java or any object-oriented language and SQL programming.
- Experience interacting with REST APIs.
- Exposure to HTML, CSS and JS.
- Exposure to design patterns.
- Understanding of object-oriented and relational database design.
Certifications & Knowledge
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator or relevant experience
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer or relevant experience
The candidate must be willing and able to continue their education within the ServiceNow platform and beyond. It is expected that the candidate will be able to complete ServiceNow competency Certifications as well as Module Accreditations.
We Take Care of Our People
NewRocket is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We value and celebrate diversity, believing that every employee matters and should be respected and heard. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer, committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, military, or Veteran status For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact hr.us@NewRocket.com. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf