Remote ServiceNow Developer
Apex SystemsCedar Rapids, IA
Posted 12 days ago
Apex Systems is looking for a Remote ServiceNow Developer for a 6 month contract.
- Develop and implement new ServiceNow applications and integrations from initiation to completion, tailored to the customer requirements
- Develop workflows and scripts to personalize existing ServiceNow applications and automate and improve business processes
- Understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation, and delivery of high-quality solutions to our customers
- Design quality features and thinks about how the applications and solutions will evolve in the future
- Solving complex problems in a highly dynamic and agile environment
- Having a strong focus on code quality and reusability
- Lead analysis and complex architectural design across platforms toward the development of end-to-end solutions; translate architectural guidance into detailed technical design.
- Lead committees or projects to help define organization-wide standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with other development staff, including contract and offshore Software Engineers, and business product owners in an agile environment.
- Code, test, identify, implement, and document solutions to business challenges utilizing web and cloud technologies.
- Support technology stack refresh on systems (end-to-end) when required.
- Perform design and analysis for deliverables. Lead large team design sessions.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for a wide range of areas, applications, and technologies.
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts.
- Utilize third-party software development frameworks, open-source libraries, and APIs to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Lead web development staff, including contract and offshore developers.
- Learn and keep pace with the latest advances in the field and rapidly grasp new technologies to support the environment and contribute to project deliverables.
- Prepare presentations and lead development meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree, or equivalent education/experience
- Five years of relevant experience including three years supporting enterprise-level platform installations
- Three years of experience with agile development and planning methodologies
- Three years of experience in performance monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting in an enterprise
- Three years of experience in automated code testing
- Thorough understanding of Service Now IRM capabilities, including integrations with other Service Now modules as well as standard external integrations
- Thorough understanding of Service Now foundational capabilities (e.g., ITSM, CMDB, etc.) and frameworks (e.g., ATF testing)
- Advanced understanding of software development and research tools
- Attention to detail and results oriented, with a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Technical communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of the organization.
- Problem-solving and technical communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to give and receive feedback as part of a cohesive agile team.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change, and continuous learning mindset
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or .
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico
Rating: 3.8 Reviews: 3626
Rating: 3.7 Reviews: 1453
Rating: 4.5 Reviews: 203