Sr. ServiceNow Developer
SHI International Corp.Anywhere
Posted 12 days ago
The Sr. ServiceNow Developer will contribute to a team of specialists providing development support to SHI customers related to the workflows they are automating in their ServiceNow environments. The Sr. ServiceNow Developer will join the ServiceNow team to focus primarily on the implementation, configuration, and management of the customers’ ServiceNow platform...
The Sr. ServiceNow Developer will be very experienced with ServiceNow implementations of ITSM, ITAM, ITOM and SecOps and will have practical experience with the implications of sustaining those processes. The Sr. ServiceNow Developer will be part of the SHI project team focused on delivering successful customer outcomes on the ServiceNow platform.
The Sr. ServiceNow Developer reports to the Technical Architect – ServiceNow and can be either home or office based from either Austin TX or Somerset NJ. It is expected that this role may require infrequent travel both nationally and internationally (max 10%).
Since 1989, SHI International Corp. has helped organizations change the world through technology. We’ve grown every year since, and today we’re proud to be a $14 billion global provider of IT solutions and services.
Over 17,000 organizations worldwide rely on SHI’s concierge approach to help them solve what’s next. But the heartbeat of SHI is our employees – all 6,000 of them. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy:
- Our commitment to diversity, as the largest minority- and woman-owned enterprise in the U.S.
- Continuous professional growth and leadership opportunities.
- Health, wellness, and financial benefits to offer peace of mind to you and your family.
- World-class facilities and the technology you need to thrive – in our offices or yours.
Include, but not limited to:
- Implement ServiceNow platform capabilities specifically the ITAM, ITSM, ITOM and SecOps modules including form configuration, workflow administration, reporting, data imports, custom scripting and third-party software integrations.
- Work with the customer to ensure the configuration of ServiceNow meets their overall requirements including drafting technically focused user stories, acceptance criteria, testing strategy, and knowledge transfer.
- Mentor and provide guidance to other developers within the team
- Identify potential “problem” areas within customer ServiceNow environments and provide consultantive resolutions.
- Keeps up to date with industry trends and new ServiceNow offerings to maximise value recieved from the platform.
- The Senior ServiceNow Developer will complete all work within agreed timescales and KPI’s.
- Assist SHI teams in managing project timelines and customer expectations.
- See themselves as part of the greater whole in meeting or exceeding business objectives on a regular basis, as well as assistance in driving key initiatives for ITAM.
- Stay up to date on new ServiceNow product offerings, take on-going training and certification and accreditations.
- Maintain industry leading knowledge to understand all aspects of the ITAM and Software life-cycle – from licensing to purchasing to deployment to decommissioning.
- Learn and follow the ITAM department standards to ensure all projects are conducted professionally, ethically, and in a manner consistent with SHI quality standards
- Candidates will hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years holding a position configuring and customizing ServiceNow projects
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with common web technologies and networking (e.g. XML, JSON, AJAX, CSS, etc.)
- Experience implementing, configuring, and customizing ServiceNow including experience with common web technologies and networking (e.g. XML, JSON, AJAX, CSS, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of relational databases, Directory service integration experience (Active Directory, LDAP, etc.), and knowledge of Single Sign-on using various authentication methods.
- Be able to provide guidance to SHI’s clients to accomplish tasks natively within the platform rather than customizing the platform
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit; a desire and willingness to “do whatever it takes”
- Client-oriented, professional services mind-set
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Good research skills and the ability to manage details
- Good analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to stay self-motivated and self-directed
- Willingness to adapt to changing business and technical priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performance team environment
- Proven experience in ITAM in a similar or same field
- Ability to create high-quality documentation with precision
- Ability to work with deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organized and methodical
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist in three or more applications preferred
- Additional experience within the IT or Software Asset Management field
- A second language (preferably French or Spanish) will be an advantage
The ideal candidate will hold the following accreditations; if the accreditations are not currently held the successful candidate will be required to study and pass all the following accreditations within a short period of commencing the role. If the mandatory certifications are not currently held then you will be required to study and pass the following mandatory certifications at a minimum within a 6-month period of commencing the role:
- ServiceNow System Administrator
- ITSM all modules through to ITSM Professional
- CMDB and CSDM
- ITOM module, focusing on Discovery and Service Mapping
- ITAM all modules
- Vendor Portfolio Management
- It is expected that this role may require infrequent travel both nationally and internationally (max 10%)
- The estimated annual pay range for this position is $110,000 - $160,000 + bonus. The compensation for this position is dependent on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and market location and, therefore, will vary from individual to individual. Benefits may include, but are not limited to, medical, vision, dental, 401K, and flexible spending.
- Equal Employment Opportunity – M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status
Job Wrapping 1
Job Wrapping 2
Rating: 3.6 Reviews: 311
Rating: 3.2 Reviews: 1362
Rating: 3.7 Reviews: 16