Technical Program Manager
ServiceNowSydney NSW, Australia
Posted 12 days ago
As a Technical Program Manager, you will drive large, highly visible, complex programs for our Cloud Engineering organization against tight deadlines. As a key partner to our architecture and engineering teams, you will develop and maintain strong partnerships with stakeholders, technical leaders, and business owners to deliver on strategic and tactical organizational initiatives.
- Develop overall program plans, definitions, and agreements on scope, success criteria, key milestones, and deliverables.
- Determine critical program dependencies; technical, process, and people.
- Anticipate, identify, and mitigate risks throughout the program lifecycle.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver a great solution on time.
- Facilitate meetings and engage and communicate effectively with senior leadership levels.
- Ensure operational readiness for the technology or programs you are leading.
- Develop and lead business readiness plans, including... training, support documentation, and artifacts.
- Manage external dependencies, suppliers, and logistics.
- Provide leadership by example. Develop and share best practices across the team.
The ideal candidate will have a broad and deep understanding of cloud infrastructure components, including hardware platforms, OS, applications, databases, networks, and datacenters— as well as of public cloud architecture, Azure, AWS, GCP. Prior experience managing infrastructure programs to support building and scaling applications/services on public/private cloud in an MSP setting is highly desirable. You must have excellent oral and written communication skills and work well in an open, collaborative, dynamic team environment.
- 5+ years’ of project/program management with at least four years dedicated to running large engineering programs, ideally in an international setting.
- Project or Program Management certification, e.g., Agile PM, PMI, PRINCE2, MSP, etc
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience in programming, systems or network administration, hardware/software, or data center technologies.
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as routing, switching, and load balancing is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to build out scalable compliance systems and processes for complex environments and regulations.
- Strong understanding of security and regulatory objectives, standards, and building scalable control implementations for multiple cloud environments. Understanding commercial certification and attestation is a plus.
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong customer orientation
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills, with an ability to manage cross-functional and globally distributed project teams.
- Experience with Agile tool and techniques.
- Prior experience at a SaaS, PaaS or IaaS Cloud company a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science (CS), or related technical field
ServiceNow's DNA is built in purpose and values. We offer a culture of belonging, inclusivity, collaboration, and customer focus.
Work-life balance and well-being are our topmost priorities.
We have flexible work arrangements.
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong in aptitude and attitude can grow their careers through working with some of the most advanced technologies and talented professionals in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow
Rating: 4.5 Reviews: 3780
Rating: 3.7 Reviews: 224
Rating: 4.6 Reviews: 263