Product Owner - ServiceNow
Posted 10 days ago
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
City: Canada (Remote Work)
Posting Open Date: 09/18/2023
Posting Close Date: 10/02/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
Overview of role:
The Product Owner is responsible for developing the overall product roadmap for the ServiceNow Platform that supports feature enhancement and drives business capability through technology. This role is critical to ensuring ServiceNow modules within the platform remain current while reducing risk by decreasing dependency on legacy technology and reducing technical debt. In... conjunction with the business stakeholders and technical team members, the product owner is responsible for prioritizing the product backlog. They are the point person for the product development team (internal and external) and are responsible for communicating with stakeholders across the board, including business leaders, the technical team and development team to ensure the goals are clear and the vision is aligned with business objectives.
Key deliverables / responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the creation of the product roadmap and strategy that drives business capability.
- Responsible for creating and prioritizing features within the product backlog.
- Works with the development team and business stakeholders in identifying and organizing tasks and actions required for the next product iteration.
- Research and recommend future features based on business objectives.
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support product delivery.
- Responsible for inspecting and evaluating product progress through each iteration.
- Develop and present reports and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Responsible for communication updates for stakeholders related to the product.
- For external products & services provided by 3rd party vendors,
- Work with external vendor(s) to understand features, functionality and releases and stay abreast of various features and functionality applicable to WestJet.
- Manage partner(s) delivering services, manage partner relationship(s), governance and reporting and ensuring partner(s) are meeting their contracted services / outcomes / key performance indicators as contracted. Working with partner(s) to rectify as required.
- Negotiate and create contracts where applicable to continuously manage, operate and enhanced services
- Collaborate with IT and business to identify and prioritize automation and continuous improvement initiatives.
Experience and qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Requires minimum 3 years' experience in a product owner role
- Certified Product Owner certificate
- Scrum certified would be considered an asset
- Requires complex problem-solving skills and advanced interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to influence others.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and cross functionally.
- Experience in business analysis and software development in a large enterprise environment.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to create a vision, strategy, and roadmap.
- Experience and ability to explain key concepts, features and functionality to non-technical end user groups.
- Experience within the platform in the following areas: IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Operations Management (ITOM), Strategy Portfolio Management (SPM), Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), Workplace Service Delivery (WSD), HR Service Delivery (HRSD), Software Asset Management (SAM), Hardware Asset Management (HAM), Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Scoped App Development, Service Catalog and Service Portals.
- Proficiency in understanding ITIL concepts
- Experience working in an agile development environment, knowledge of Scrum and DevOps
- Passion for process analysis and improvement
- ServiceNow certifications would be considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge and experience with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Exposure to highly complex and integrated systems using enterprise class tools and methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively, demonstrate flexibility and set priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated and collaborative individual.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com