ServiceNow Platform Engineer
Posted 17 days ago
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow... we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
We're looking for experienced, passionate, driven software developers who can help us build scalable and reliable cloud computing solutions to support the rapid growth of our SaaS products.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will work on solving tough technical challenges in a high energy, startup like environment with experienced industry leaders and with a highly collaborative team. You will design, implement, test and deploy scalable cloud computing solutions.
What you get to do in this role:
- The role will initially be developing ServiceNow cloud automations that do direct high-performance scalable device data acquisition, data storing and data center compute resource allocations.
- Construct the fundamental infrastructure for high-performance extraction, transformation, and loading of data, utilizing a range of data sources.
- Develop sophisticated analytics tools that leverage the data pipeline to yield actionable insights for data center compute resource and asset lifecycle management.
- Deep dive with complex ad-hoc issues to perform troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system and shell scripting with regular expressions
- Proficiency in web technologies such as HTTP, REST/SOAP, AJAX, JSON
- Knowledge of relational database design concepts and physical table structures, and ability to write high-performance SQL/MySQL
- Must have solid documentation and writing skills
- Excellent Communication & Customer skills, Problem Solving, Conflict Management, Listening, Time Management and Interpersonal skills required.
Nice to have:
- Experience with ServiceNow platform application development preferred
- Experience with Agile framework.
- Working knowledge of enterprise hardware, storage platforms, networking technologies, datacenter power distribution systems is a plus
- Experience in data visualization and numerical analysis is a plus
- Experience in other technology such as encryption, systems and data communications optimization is a plus
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow