Service Now Configuration Manager
Severn TrentCoventry, UK
Posted 17 days ago
Here in Technology our mission is simple – deliver and maintain secure and stable IT services, maximising value to our business.
Dig a little deeper and you will find a living, breathing department, of highly talented individuals and teams, buzzing with energy, ideas and enthusiasm. Who are always interested in learning new, innovative and exciting ways for us to aid our business colleagues, and ultimately our customers experience.
Collectively, we provide a critical national infrastructure to millions of customers in our region, so the only question is why wouldn't you want to be part of that?
If you want to do more because you care, we’d love to talk to you. There really is something for everyone here.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
In this exciting role as our Technology Configuration Analyst, you will be responsible for the identifying, maintaining, and verifying of all our asset data which we receive from across the Severn Trent estate. You’ll be the main point of contact to... ensure that information on asset configuration (specifically on ServiceNow) is known as well as correctly recorded and accessible.
This is a high-profile role, as it will be your responsibility to build and maintain our full live relationships between the configuration items that make up our services, systems and applications which are used by the business, while ensuring that the configuration management process is valid, reviewed and governed appropriately.
Other key accountabilities include: -
- Develop, implement & promote production of configuration management standards, policy, and procedures in line with company standards. This includes relationships/interfaces to change, release and service relationship management.
- Configuration Management (CM) process owner ensures that technology colleagues comply with identification standards.
- Manage asset and configuration management database (CMDB), central libraries, common codes, and data, ensures regulate housekeeping of CM Systems (SeviceNow/federated).
- Review and maintain data quality, integrity, and security of CMS.
- Explore, develop, and coordinate the maintenance, optimisation and automating of CM tools including integration with other information repositories.
What You’ll Bring To The Role
The right skills and experience are important. But if you have the right character, positivity and a caring attitude we want to talk to you, too.
We will be looking for you to have knowledge of ServiceNow and extensive knowledge of CMDB toolsets and also have an excellent understanding of the principles of IT service management, including change and service transition.
We welcome people from all walks of life and celebrate individuality as we know diverse minds, experiences and backgrounds help us to learn and better serve our communities. We want people who show up and get involve. Those who are ready to be part of something bigger and who want to make a difference because they care. Is that you?
What’s In It For You
Working here isn’t just a job. You can build a career at Severn Trent. We’ll reward you for it, too. We have a range of benefits that recognise great work, and award-winning training to help you reach your potential. And we’ll also help you play your part in looking after the environment and the communities where we live.
With That In Mind, Here Are Just Some Of Our Favourite's Perks That You’ll Get Being Part Of The Seven Trent Family
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (and the ability to buy/ sell up to 5 days per year)
- Annual bonus scheme (of up to £2,225, which is subject to eligibility)
- Leading pension scheme – we will double your contribution (up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
- Sharesave – the chance to buy Severn Trent Plc shares at a discounted rate
- 10% monthly discount with Busy Bee Nurserys, and one-week free childcare
- Dedicated training and development with our Academy
- Electric vehicle scheme and retail offers
- Family friendly policies
- Two paid volunteering days per year
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Before you apply, you’ll need an updated copy of your CV and about five minutes to spare.
And if your curiosity has peaked and you're wanting to find out even more, search on social media.
Ps. we’ll always let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date - so keep an eye on your phone and emails!
CV's for this role will be reviewed during the advertising period and will be fed back to